The World Dance Party is a fun party that welcomes all people to enjoy a potluck meal and free dance mini-lessons. There’s no secret agenda, just a desire to get people to interact and celebrate culture and diversity.
If you haven’t come to a World Dance Party event before, here are 12 reasons why you should clear your calendar for the next one.
- meet your neighbors
- make new friends
- have fun
- taste foods from around the world
- listen to music
- learn new dances
- get some exercise
- learn about cultures and groups other than your own
- connect with your own culture and heritage
- contribute to a community event (everyone gets involved)
- enjoy the relaxed feel of this inclusive community
- see what everyone is talking about
Don’t miss out! The next World Dance Party is on August 15 at the Rainier Valley Heritage Parade and Festival in Columbia City.
If you can’t make it to this one, be sure to join the World Dance Party community on Facebook to be notified of upcoming events.